The Spicy Margarita succeeds where so many of its siblings seem to fail. That is to say, it refocuses the classic tequila cocktail without losing what’s essential to its success: that timeless blend of sweet, sour and earthy flavours. The key is to use fresh jalapeño. Two muddled coins, with seeds removed, yields a conservatively spicy drink. But for a spicier Spicy Margarita, throw in a third coin. It’s the perfect cocktail to fire up your summer.
- 1 wedge Lime
- 2 Jalapeño coins (seeds removed)
- 60 ml Blanco tequila
- 30 ml Fresh lime juice
- 15 ml Orange liqueur
- 15 ml Agave syrup
- Garnish: Salt rim
- Garnish: Jalapeño coin
- Rub the rim of a rocks glass with a lime wedge, dip in salt to coat and set aside.
- Add the jalapeño coins into a shaker and gently muddle.
- Add remaining ingredients and ice and shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into prepared glass over fresh ice.
- Garnish with a jalapeño coin.
Disclaimer- An unedited version of this recipe first appeared on liquor.com
We would love to hear from you! Write to us at email@example.com to get your article or your recipe featured.