- This document is an electronic record in terms of The Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules there under as applicable and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
- The domain name https://barfecto.com/ (“Website”), is owned and operated by Hound Technologies Private Limited (“Private Limited Company”) having its registered office at 3B-20, Second Floor, Pamposh Enclave, New Delhi – 110048.
- Barfecto (“Our”, “Us”, “We”, “Website”, “Site”) Website and mobile application (“Application”) provides a platform for liquor/alcoholic beverage distributors, restaurant and bar owners (“Sellers”) to showcase liquor, alcoholic beverages and other related products (“Products”) on the platform created by them and enables You to search and pay for these Products through independent, licensed alcohol beverage retailers, and other licensees with retail privileges. We act as an intermediary/ service provider, providing You with this platform enabling You to purchase the Products from the Sellers and We provide You with payment solutions, payment support services, technology solutions and other related / ancillary services (hereinafter referred to as the “Services”)..
Information We Collect Through the Barfecto Website or Application
Personally Identifiable Information (or “PII”)
Personally Identifiable Information (or “PII”) means and includes information that identifies You as an individual. In order for You to take advantage of benefits provided through the Barfecto Application or website (for example, to use the Services offered on the Barfecto Website or Application), we may require that You furnish certain PII. For example, we may ask You to complete a registration form that asks for contact information such as Your name, date of birth, telephone / mobile number, and email address or an order form that asks for financial information like Your credit card number, expiration date, security code / CVV number and billing address. Your PII may also be obtained by us during the KYC process, in order to verify Your identity and age.
For enabling You to make payments using our Services, we may, upon Your consent, store Your financial information such as details of Your bank account (including but not limited to, the account holder’s name, account name, account number, sort code, online banking PIN, transaction authentication number) or details mentioned on Your credit or debit cards or other payment instruments, that are required for a successful transaction. Note that at no point in time will Your security code / CVV number of Your credit card be stored by Barfecto or its payment gateway. We will ensure that Your PII which You have shared with us, including Your bank details, are kept safe and not shared with any third parties (except as required for the purpose of completing a transaction initiated by You on our Barfecto Website or Application),without Your consent.
Additionally, when You transact on the Barfecto Application, we may collect certain consumer information (such as products ordered and relevant promotion codes) If You communicate with us by email, or otherwise complete online forms, surveys, or contest entries, any information provided in such communication may be collected as PII. You may choose not to provide us with certain personal information. In such an event, You can still access and view much of the Barfecto Application. However, You may not be able to reserve any products. In addition, You can choose not to provide certain information, that is optional in nature in the Barfecto Website or Application. However, in such a circumstance You might not be able to use all the features provided in the Barfecto Website or Application.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information (or “Non-PII”)
Non-Personally Identifiable Information (or “Non-PII”) is aggregated information, demographic information and any other information that does not reveal Your specific identity. Through Analytics, this could include Advertising Features including Demographics & Interest reporting, Remarketing, GDN Impression Reporting and Campaign Manager Integration. We and our third-party service providers may collect Your Non-PII, including information about the device You are using in accessing and/or using the Barfecto Website or Application, information from referring websites, and Your interaction with the Barfecto Website or Application. We and our third-party service providers also may aggregate PII in a manner such that the end-product does not personally identify You or any other user of the Barfecto Website or Application, for example, by using PII to calculate the percentage of our users who have a common telephone area code.
Tracking information is automatically collected and stored as You navigate through the Barfecto Website or Application, including but not limited to, browser type, pageviews, referring/exit pages, information about how You interact with the Website’s pages, third party links, and traffic and usage trends on the Website.
When You use the App or website through Your smartphone or other mobile device(s), we automatically collect the device type and advertising identifier, a unique identifier generated within the device, and we may store this information.
In the case of telephonic conversations between the customer and the retail store, conversations may be recorded for feedback & quality improvement purposes. If you wish to stop third party tracking of your information, you can choose to do so by changing it accordingly in your ads settings.
How We Use The Information We Collect
Personally Identifiable Information
We and our third party service providers may use Your PII and any third party PII that You may provide, as applicable:
- to fulfil the requests, You have initiated on our Barfecto Website or Application, e.g., to allow You to transact successfully and provide You with information that You request;
- to fulfil the purchases You have initiated on our Barfecto Website or Application e.g., to process mobile wallet payments in connection with Your order);
- to serve You the correct App version depending on Your device type;
- to customise content on our Barfecto Website or Application to address Your specific needs ;
- to send You important information regarding the Barfecto Website or Application, such as certain changes to our terms, conditions, policies and/or other administrative information. Since this information may be material to Your use of the Barfecto Website or Application, You may not opt out of receiving such communications, for as long as You choose to continue using the Barfecto Website or Application;
- to permit You to participate in contests and other promotions either initiated by Barfecto or by any of its third party affiliates or any other third party whose products are listed on Barfecto through the Barfecto Website or Application(collectively, “Promotions”);
- to inform You of products, programs, Services and Promotions that we believe may be of interest to You;
- to engage with You through social media, including through direct messaging;
- to allow You to rate Your transactions and view Your transaction history; and to suggest other products that You might like based on Your transaction history;
- to engage with You in online surveys and use the data collected through such surveys to enhance Your experience with the Barfecto Website or Application;
- to diagnose and resolve problems with our Barfecto Website or Application or servers and for other technical and administrative troubleshooting purposes;
- for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our Website, improving our Services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns; and
- for providing You uninterrupted and satisfactory Services, to administer our relationship with You, to comply with any statutory or regulatory requirement, to monitor Your use of our Services for the purposes of ensuring compliance with our user rules.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Since Your Non-PII does not personally identify You, we and our third party service providers may use such information for any purpose that is not prohibited under Applicable Law. In addition, we reserve the right to share Your Non-PII with our affiliates and with other third parties, for any purpose(including marketing and research purposes) that is not prohibited under Applicable Law. In some instances, we and our third party service providers may combine Non-PII with PII. For example, on Your personal profile page, we may display Your user name (first name and last initial), “member since” date, and the date range of when You last ordered. If we do combine any Non-PII with PII, the combined information will be treated by us as PII hereunder (for as long as it remains combined).
When & How We Share Your Information
We and our third party service providers may disclose PII:
- as required to fulfil Your purchase order, initiated by You on our Barfecto Website or Application (e.g. to our partner stores to enable them to fulfil Your order);
- to operate and administer Your wallet for providing Services that You have requested;
- to provide services such as payment processing, website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, e-mail delivery services, and other similar services, to enable them to provide services, to the extent permitted under Applicable Law;
- to identify You to any person to whom You send messages through the Barfecto Website or Application;
- to an affiliate or other third party in the event of any reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy and/or similar proceedings), provided it is in accordance with Applicable Law; and
- and otherwise as required: (a) under Applicable Laws; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations and/or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety and/or property, and/or that of our affiliates, You and/or others; (g) to permit us to pursue available remedies and/or limit the damages that we may sustain; and (h) for record keeping purposes, in each case, subject to Applicable Law.
Further, any PII collected and maintained by us in our logs shall be shared with any individual or entity only on a need basis, and such disclosure and / or storage of the logs maintained shall comply with Applicable Law.
Other Important Notices Regarding Our Privacy Practices
Third Party Websites
We and our third-party service providers use reasonable organisational, technical and administrative measures to protect PII collected, stored and/or maintained by us and/or under our control. Whenever You change or access Your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. Once Your information is in our possession we adhere to strict security guidelines, protecting it against unauthorised access. We however request you not to send us sensitive information through email. If You have reason to believe that Your interaction with us is not secure (for example, if You feel that the security of any account You might have with us has been compromised), You must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below. (Note that if You choose to notify us via physical mail, this will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the problem.)
If You do not wish to receive marketing-related emails from us, You may unsubscribe from receiving them by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any of those emails.
You may review, correct and/or update certain elements of Your PII by adjusting Your preferences in the “My Account” section of our Barfecto Website or Application. We and our third-party service providers are not responsible for altering PII from the databases and/or other records of third parties with whom we and our third-party service providers have shared Your PII (as permitted by Applicable Law).
Note Regarding the Use of the Barfecto Website or Application by Minors
The Barfecto Website or Application are not directed to and/or intended for use by individuals under the legal drinking age as mentioned under Applicable Laws, and we request that such individuals not use the Barfecto Website or Application and/ or not provide PII through the Barfecto Website or Application.
If You choose to access the Barfecto Application, You do so at Your own risk, and are responsible for complying with Applicable Laws. We may limit the availability of the Barfecto Website or Application, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area and/or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and at our sole discretion.
In accordance with the Information Technology Act, 2000 and the rules made thereunder, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer to address any discrepancies and grievances you may have with respect to your Information with Barfecto. The Grievance Officer will redress your grievances expeditiously.
Name: Mr. Sahil Mathur
Email ID: Support@Barfecto.com