The Zombie is a classic Tiki drink by legendary Donn Beach of Don the Beachcomber restaurant responsible for kicking off the Tiki craze.
- 45 ml Jamaican rum
- 45 ml Puerto Rican gold rum
- 30 ml 151-proof demerara rum
- 13/100 teaspoon Herbsaint or Pernod
- 15 ml falernum
- 15 ml Donn’s mix*
- 1 teaspoon grenadine
- 12 ml lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender, adding the crushed ice last.
- Blend at high speed for no more than 5 seconds.
- Pour into a glass, add ice cubes to fill, then add the garnish.
- *Donn’s mix: Bring 3 crushed cinnamon sticks, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Simmer for 2 minutes, then remove from the heat and let sit for at least 2 hours before straining into a clean glass bottle. Then add 1 part of the syrup and 2 parts of fresh grapefruit juice together.
Disclaimer- An unedited version of this recipe first appeared on liquor.com
We would love to hear from you! Write to us at email@example.com to get your article or your recipe featured.