The classic bourbon Brown Derby cocktail is both sweet and sour with a hefty dose of grapefruit juice and a touch of honey syrup. Try this recipe now to find out what all the hype is about.
- 45 ml bourbon
- 30 ml fresh grapefruit juice
- 15 ml honey syrup
- Garnish: grapefruit twist
- Add all ingredients into a shaker with ice and shake.
- Fine-strain into a cocktail glass.
- Express the oil from a grapefruit twist and drop in to garnish (or garnish with a grapefruit wedge).
- *Honey syrup: Add 1/2 cup honey and 1/2 cup water to a small saucepan over medium heat. (You can experiment and decide how much of a honey flavor you want in your syrup. The more honey you use, the thicker the syrup and stronger in flavor it will be.) Stir until blended. Strain into a jar and seal tightly with a lid. Will keep for 1 month in the refrigerator.
Disclaimer- An unedited version of this recipe first appeared on liquor.com
We would love to hear from you! Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get your article or your recipe featured.